Friday, May 30, 2014

Yet I live

Today I woke up and weighed myself. Down 6.3 pounds...that was a good sight.  I found out after I got to work that Kennedy Hansen passed away. Kennedy was a sweet girl who like my cousin charlee, lost her life to battens disease. This disease is rare and has no cure. I saw the changes in charlee that this brought on.  She went from playing, dancing, and singing to not being able to do anything. I have read Kennedy's story on her Facebook page Kennedy's hugs.

These girls brought so many people together with their sweet spirits and strong families. Today I feel gratitude. I am grateful for their life stories. I am grateful for their strength. They had no control over what happened to them, but they stayed strong.

My weakness I have created. Every time I put something unhealthy into my body, every time I choose not to exercise; I am making a choice not to live. I increase my chance of disease and health issues as I choose to fail.  I hope I can be as strong as these sweet girls. Every choice I make I hope to keep them in mind. I want to choose life not death. I want to help others see the beauty in life.

My prayers are with charlee and Kennedy's family. I hope I can have half the strength as these two had.

No comments:

Post a Comment