Thursday, November 27, 2014

Where is my Progress?

So it has been a few months. But I can assure you that I have not quit on my journey. In fact I joined a gym. Orangetheory Fitness. Look them up, they are fantastic!

I have been working out consistently 3 or more times a week since October 17th.  Not much has changed in my weight. as of this morning I weighed 267.7 I HATE the scale. It never changes... no matter my work, my food, or well anything for that matter. IT has been very frustrating. But I can say I am stronger, I do have more muscle mass, and I feel a lot better. Because my goal is not to get skinny, but to become strong.

Each workout is excruciating. Running is really hard for me. My legs are very tight. I feel like I have little balls just pinched in my calves; but I push through it.
 I can tell that I have gotten stronger. I feel trapped by my body. My heart and mind are ready to go; yet there is a fear within me that refuses to push pass the pain. I give up... and I do my workout at an easier pace. Small changes are happening, but I just feel capable of so much more.

Being patient I feel is a huge part of this journey. Something I am slowly learning. I gained weight very quickly. Within a year I went up two dress sizes and gained 70 pounds.  The smallest I have been since my increased weight is 230. That number felt good. I hope I can get back to it. One step at a time... right?

One thing anyone losing weight needs to know though.... is that you must find a way to love yourself.

I love myself because:

I am a good person.
I am patient.
I am great with kids.
I think of others needs.
I am a fighter.
I have overcome many trials.
I am a daughter of God.
I make good choices.
I am beautiful inside and out.
Most recent one I can find.







No comments:

Post a Comment